All face-to-face educator workshops for summer 2020 have been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns. For virtual opportunities, please visit the Beacon program webpage to learn more and register. We hope to see you online this summer, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our educational spaces in the near future.
LifeScience Links is a three-day professional learning experience that provides seventh-grade life science teachers updated content knowledge, engaging strategies and authentic lab experiences. Held on the campus of HudsonAlpha, a leading genomics research institute, educators leave the workshop equipped to link Course of Study Standards to real-world biotech applications and careers.
Next LifeScience Links TBA
- Focus on connecting content to biotech careers
- Learn from leading researchers, scientists and educators
- Offered at no cost to seventh-grade life science teachers in Alabama public schools.
- Includes dorm-style optional housing, per diem and mileage for educators who live more than 40 miles from the Institute.
- PowerSchool PD credit is available
- Classroom resources provided
LifeScience Links is made possible through support from the State of Alabama.