Order a custom HudsonAlpha license plate to show your support for genomics research
Are you looking for a unique way to show your support of HudsonAlpha?
Please pre-order a HudsonAlpha license plate to show your support of genomics research. We must sell 1,000 license plates before the State of Alabama will manufacture them.
The plates cost $52 and HudsonAlpha will receive $41.25 for each plate. Just by purchasing a license plate, you can help us raise $41,250.
Help make these beautiful license plates a reality by ordering yours today.
Proceeds from this fundraising program will be used to support the operation of the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, an Alabama 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to genomics research and its applications.
How exactly do I order a license plate?
- First, click on this web link: https://precommit.mvtrip.alabama.gov/
- Next, select the Individual Application button. A list of available license plates display. Select the tab labeled 6/1/2016 to 5/31/2017. Look for the HudsonAlpha plate. If you don’t see the HudsonAlpha plate, type HudsonAlpha in the Filter box on the right.
- Under the picture of the HudsonAlpha license plate, select the Request Plate button. The ordering screen will display.
- If you want a personalized plate, select the check box at the top of the window.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Fill in either information about your vehicle OR your current license plate number.
- When you’re done, select the Add Vehicle to Application button and the vehicle information will display under Vehicle Fee Total. Please note that if you left out any of the required information, the fields will display in red. You must fill in all of the required fields before you can add the vehicle.
- If you want to get a HudsonAlpha license plate for additional vehicles, add additional contact and vehicle information in the Vehicle Information section and select the Add Vehicle to Application after each vehicle.
- When you’re done adding your vehicles, select the green Submit button at the bottom of the screen to pay for your plate.
- Add your billing and payment information then select the Submit button to finalize your order.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much does the HudsonAlpha license plate cost?
The cost of the license plate is $50 plus a $2 administrative fee.
If HudsonAlpha doesn’t reach 1,000 pre-orders, will I get my money back?
No, all pre-orders are considered a donation to HudsonAlpha. You can help ensure we reach our pre-order goal by sharing this page with your friends and family. You will receive a tax acknowledgment letter to document your donation.
How long will the process take to reach 1,000 pre-orders?
We have until May 31, 2017 to reach our goal. We hope to reach that number much sooner.
What happens after you reach 1,000 orders?
After we reach our goal, you’ll get an email from the state with an attached form about your license order. Take the form and your existing license plate to the license department and swap it for the HudsonAlpha plate. If your plate is expired, you will have to renew it. If you want to switch your plate before your renewal month, turn in your current tag and voucher form. You will be issued the new HudsonAlpha metal plate and will have to pay a $5 fee.
Do I have to wait until my plate is coming up and it’s renewal time?
No, you can purchase this license plate anytime.
I live outside of Alabama. Can I get a HudsonAlpha license plate?
Regrettably, this license plate is only available for vehicles registered in the state of Alabama.
Can I personalize my HudsonAlpha license plate?
Yes! During the ordering process, the first section of the ordering page includes this option: If you plan to personalize the license plate when it becomes available, please check the box. After we reach our goal of 1,000 license plates, the state will let you know what steps to take to personalize your new plate.
How will I find out about the status of my license plate order?
We will post updates about this project on the HudsonAlpha webpage and email newsletters. After we reach our goal, you’ll receive an email from the state with information about when your plate will be available and what to do next.
Can I read more about this program?
Yes, you may read the letter we received from the state of Alabama describing the license plate program.
Who do I contact if I have trouble ordering a license plate?
Contact Jeremy Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HudsonAlpha Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is the supporting entity for the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology. Tax-deductible contributions to the foundation are for the sole purpose of advancing the mission of the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology.
Tax identification #27-2320591